Friday 5 April 2013

A Very Talented Young Person

Hello friends - this little post is following on quickly from my previous one because I really wanted to finish that subject we were covering then, but my computer refused to upload any more pics. Naughty computer!

We had been to the lovely little arty town of Balingup in the South-West of our State and had begun the return journey home, which means we travel through the very pretty Bridgetown. Here is a pic of the bridge from which the town derives its name -




Very pretty, restful, and inviting area, don't you think?

There are many interesting types of 'arty people' in this lovely country town but a name I really want to mention to you is Gabriel Evans creationinateapot.com whose greetings cards I came across in a little shop whilst on this country drive. This lad is still in his teens and already has produced a prolific amount of the most awesome artwork, including book illustrations. You may remember in a previous post I mentioned how much I love Beatrix Potter's work? Well take a look at a little sample of this young man's work:

This pic (from a card) is called 'The General Store'


And this one is 'The Elves and the Shoemaker'

I am totally 'blown away' by this talent - what a gift! Well done young Gabriel and what a future he has before him! If you are interested in looking further and enjoy 'surfing' the net, you will find lots more information about Gabriel and his family - each of them accomplished in their various fields in the Arts! Wow!


So to finish, here is a pic from our garden from quite some time ago - ah, spring flowers - Oh to be in England now that April's there ....  ....  But of course this garden is in Western Australia - I did say we have a very kind climate down the South-West didn't I!



Lovely that you had time to call in, really nice to see you here and I look forward to the next time.
Bye for now,
take care,
Joy










2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful blog lovely photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you so much for looking in and leaving me a message - I'm very happy you like what you saw, forgetmenots blue!

      Delete