Friday 22 March 2013

Beatrix Potter's Little Corner

I have always loved Beatrix Potter and so whilst dusting this morning I thought it might be nice to take a quick picture of the little area that I have sort of 'dedicated' to her just to let you have a look. There are a couple of 'stray' ornaments in there but they do kind of fit into the overall scene, I think!


I haven't really settled into any hooky this week - but I'm planning a couple of things to get started on, maybe even later today now that the house cleaning is all done and I can relax without 'guilt'; oh that terrible word/thing that I do still tend to take on, (at times!), when enjoying my crafty work instead of tending to the jobs around the place that need to be done. Anyone else do this?




I did manage to take a couple more pics whilst walking in the park near the hospital, (we have a few lovely parks around our little town), which is where we, more times than not, walk out little Pika, and she loves it!




The river runs around the perimeter of the park and is a lovely cooling influence in Summer time when the temperature can be quite high - we are in Australia after all! But then, on the other hand, during Autumn/Winter the breeze wafting up from it can be very cold! Still, it's always an enjoyable walk regardless, and we count ourselves very fortunate to be blessed with such as this.


Recently our Town Shire has been very busy in the Park, constructing an Adventure Playground for the kiddies in all natural products - no plastic! I noticed the other day that someone has made a contribution in crochet; now I realise that you, like me, have probably seen some of the photos 'doing the rounds' recently of this type of thing, albeit much more intricate work, but nevertheless I do think this looks quite pretty and so nice that someone has taken the time and effort to create it for the kiddies. 

And who knows, something like this may even encourage the little ones to try their hand at hooking!






Before I go it might be nice to send you a happy little flower to cheer you on your way - as well as a pic of this sweet little frog who favoured us with his presence in our back garden for a while but sadly then disappeared! Maybe he grew up and went off to find a mate - can't blame him for that can we! I called him George!




I do hope you all have a lovely weekend with happy experiences wherever you go, whatever you do!

Thank you so much for looking in and do please leave a little message - I'd love to hear from you!

Joy 

No comments:

Post a Comment